Junior Golf Academy
By PGA Head Golf Professional
The objective of the Sports Academy is to develop junior golfers who will continue to play golf socially or competitively based on each individual's desires.
The PGA Sports Academy curriculum includes:
Fitness and Nutrition
Sportsmanship, Rules and Safety
Instruction on Tuesdays, 10:00 - 12:00
Play Days on Fridays 8:00 (back nine)
Open to Juniors ages 8 - 17
Cost of program: $10 per session/junior
- Program will begin Tuesday, June 4, 2019.
- Juniors under the age of 8 wishing to be in the PGA Sports Academy must be accompanied by an adult each session and get the permission of the Head Golf Professional.
- A parent or chaperone must accompany junior on play days if under the age of 13.
- All juniors must fill out a registration form (see below) and have it signed by their parents to be enrolled in the program.
- Students in the PGA Sports Academy will be required to conform at all times to the Etiquette Code, which will be explained in the introductory session.
- Please drop off and pick up your student at the scheduled location on the calendar.
- History of the Junior Golf Instructor
- PGA Junior Academy Registration Form
- Friday Morning Junior Golf League!
PGA Sports Academy Schedule
Tuesday Instruction Day, Driving Range, 10AM-12PM
Friday Play Day, Tee Times 8AM at back nine.
|Tues. June 4||Intro to Junior Golf|
|Fri. June 7||Play Day (No play day for beginners)|
|Tues. June 11||Putting|
|Fri. June 14||Play Day|
|Tues. June 18||Chipping|
|Fri. June 21||Play Day|
|Tues. June 25||Pitching/Bunkers|
|Fri. June 28||Play Day|
|Tues. July 2||Holiday, No Junior Golf|
|Fri. July||Holiday, No Play Day|
|Tues. July 9||Full Swing, Irons|
|Fri. July 12||Play Day|
|Tues. July 16||Full Swing, Woods|
|Fri. July 19||No Play Day, BBC Junior Golf Tournament|
|Tues. July 23||Full Swing, Woods & Irons|
|Fri. July 26||Play Day|
|Tues. July 30||Skills Competition/Fun Day|
|10:00-10:15||Roll Call & Warm Up Exercise|
|10:15-10:30||Topic of the Day Explanation|
|10:30-11:00||Practice & Instruction|
|11:00-11:15||Nutritious Snack/Bathroom Break|
|11:45-12:00||Recap & Cool Down Exercise|